After School Pottery Program
7 Week Course - Every Thursday beginning January 28 to March 11, 2021
Catalyst Creative Arts is happy to launch our After School Pottery Program.
Recommended for kids 8 years old and up.
This comprehensive 7 week program is scheduled weekly on Thursdays at 4:30 PM and lasts 90 minutes. Each week, we will focus on a different pottery technique. The course description is listed below. No prior experience is required.
We require a minimum of 4 students for this course with a maximum of 10 students.
Registration closes January 24, 2021. We reserve the right to cancel a session if we do not have the minimum number of students. If we cancel a session, we will fully refund your registration.
Program cost is $200 per student for the 7 week session. All supplies, including clay, tools, and glaze are included, as well as firing of all projects. No refunds will be issued once the classes begin.
- Class 1 - Introduction to clay with discussion and practice of hand building techniques.
- Class 2 - Slab Technique, textured slab/mold formed bowl with foot.
- Class 3 - Slab Technique, animal themed planter pot.
- Class 4 - Glazing/Firing, glaze first 2 projects and learn how to load kiln for glaze firing.
- Class 5 - Pottery wheel introduction with instruction and first try.
- Class 6 - Pottery wheel, second try and open design or repeat hand building projects.
- Class 7 - Wrap Up, Make Up, Glaze pottery wheel pots, and free form.
**Final projects may be picked up on March 22 or later.
- No refunds or credit will be issued for missed classes.
- Students may be dropped off. Parents are welcome to attend.
- Students should wear play or work clothes that can handle getting dirty.
- Students are welcome to bring food and drinks.
- Students and artists will follow all Covid-19 health guidelines.